Summer is just around the corner and it is time to make plans for those glorious warm months before it passes us by. Hattast-ique has several events lined up and we are preparing each in our own way to be summer ready. I am in the process of planning a trip to see a friend and am hoping my husband caught my subtle hint to get me the crusher cowboy hat for Mother’s Day so I can be perfectly topped off on my travels this summer. Here are five tips to being summer ready.
- Plan a trip. It can be a local trip where you check out the bed and breakfast you have been meaning to get to, maybe you have been itching to go camping, no better time to make a reservation and start getting prepared. Planning a trip whether you are going to another country or a town over is good for the soul. Just planning a trip can improve happiness by giving you something to look forward to and a break from the day to day grind.
- Start an outdoor hobby. The beginning of the summer is the best time to take up that hobby you have been thinking about. Maybe you want to start kayaking, hiking, fishing, or camping. Maybe you want to start a garden this year, now is the time to start researching and planning so that you don’t miss out on a summer of new experiences.
- Be kind to yourself. I challenge each person to appreciate yourself this summer. Don’t worry about obtaining that perfect swim suit body (we all want to change some part of ourselves but cut yourself some slack). Take a moment to look at the things you have accomplished, not the things you wish you had. Eat healthy, get outside, and go for a walk. Take 5 minutes and meditate. Do something that makes you feel like a million bucks.
- Set 2 obtainable goals. For example, this summer I am going to go camping 3 times and read 5 books. You can make it an elaborate goal or something simple. Make it an activity that fills your soul. What better way to start a summer than filled with joy.
- Try to find the fun in every day. Not every day will be perfect but try to make the most of it!
Whatever you do to get ready for summer we hope you have a blast. We would love to hear from you on how you get summer ready or plan on spending your summer. Maybe for you a trip to Sturgis is in the works and you are planning on seeing your favorite hat enthusiasts at Hattast-ique 😊
Have a safe and blessed day.